View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Cars Comparable with SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
True that.

But we have speed sensitive wipers! That's pretty sweet too!

And without sounding too cliche, I also think there is no car directly comparable to the SVX. The vr-4 maaaayyybe, but it and the SVX were two different animals. The vr-4 was more sport-luxury, and the SVX was more luxury-sport. If subaru'd have been crazy enough to build a twin turbo monster, there would have been even less of them though. They'd have cost $40k USD, and no one would have bought it.

I'm sure the vr-4 wouldn't have been horrible in the winter, but subie's awd systems have always been superior, in my opinion. I would much rather have the SVX in snow than a VR-4. And honestly, how many vr-4's ever saw snow anyway? I'd bet not many.
Completely stock VR-4's still go for 17K on average.... the average SVX goes for like 3K only a heavily modified SVX will go for 8K Don't get me wrong I love my SVX, but the VR-4 was hella more successful than our baby.

Honestly I've driven a 3000gt LS with VR-4 turbo's on it only pushing 5lbs of boost and I have to say it handled like a beast... but my SVX was hella more ballsy. The 3000gt is the closest car drivability wise that I've ever felt was comparable feeling to driving my SVX 5mt

I think the true comparison would be a TT built SVX and a VR-4 then you could actually tell. however the VR-4 has 4ws we don't... I dunno I love both cars