View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 09:55 AM

Beav, thanks.

kuoh, thanks, and you are correct that the security module doesn't lock/unlock the doors. that's the role of the door lock timer which does have wires to the motors. I obviously wasn't clear, it is the door lock timer I am trying to troubleshoot before buying one - hopefully used from somebody on the forum.

If that checks out then I'm thinking it has to be in the door lock switch itself.

The door lock timer is easily taken apart, and inside are some caps, resistors, a zener diode, a chip (clock? - can't cross reference because it only has the Niles label - no part #) and two relays. I'm suspecting the relays and will probably desolder them and replace to see if that works. But before I do that I wanted to make sure my wiring diagram was correct since the colors in the door don't match the wiring colors given by Alldata - not the online site, it's the CD I bought a year or so ago. I traced out a few wires and the routing seems right, just wanted some reassurance before getting stupid - my usual mode of operation.

thanks again for the help.