View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 10:37 AM
I look like Gordon

Quote:
Originally posted by DavieGravy
Consideration for other people is like a "good disease." Set an example and it will spread.
Unfortunately, I think there are far too many people out there that do not realize that safe and speedy travel on the highway is really a team effort. There are too many people out there who are only interested in themselves, and overlook the big picture... that they and the others like them are the ones causing a lot of the traffic problems they are trying so hard to avoid. The "late merger", the guy that speeds by all the people dutifully waiting in line and then cuts in at the last minute... well, he and his ilk are a big part of why that backup is there in the first place. Ditto for the person who doesn't let people in front of him when they should be merging in the first place. And the left lane slowpokes. And the non-signallers. I honestly don't think there is anything you can do about it except drive "honorably" yourself, try to spread the word, and LEAVE EARLY.

You could of course spend some time in Asia and learn what scary driving is really all about. No one gets angry about it there, though...