View Single Post
Old 11-27-2002, 10:06 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
No fair

Quote:
Originally posted by rufus
If you want to see something funny some time, try the smile-and wave...

Someone flips you the finger (hopefully because they are a complete moron and NOT because you deserve it...). Smile and wave. Make it a nice big goofy smile. I have gotten more satisfaction out of this than any finger I have ever flipped in my life. I have seen people nearly lose control in fits of convulsive uncontrollable rage because "they were really gonna show me by flipping me the finger" and all I did was smile and wave (and then normally started laughing at their reaction).

Trust me...try it once. You won't be sorry. And you'll never have to worry about flipping off your boss or next door neighbor by mistake

I have another pet peeve for you all, though, and that is the person behind you on the on-ramp who speeds up and starts cutting over early to try to merge into traffic before you and then gets all pissed off when you "cut them off" and take your proper turn merging into the lane. Man that one gets me. Some little old lady tried to pull that one on me a few days ago when I was stuck behind a semi merging onto the interstate, and then flipped me the bird when she got next to me in traffic. I gave her the smile-and wave; her reaction was classic.
I have, on multiple occasions, tried the "smile and wave" and gotten no reaction or just more of the finger! I doesn't seem to want to work for me.

I'd rather get the finger than the "round of applause with sarcastic impressed smile." I have become so d*mn infuriated when I drive politely and normally (or made the tinniest of mistakes... easily forgivable) and someone one gives me the applause for pulling their own bonehead maneuver of some sort and ending up almost hitting me. So according to their response I don't know how to drive, and they rule the road. It has been those instances when I am glad I don't have a gun (especially in the car). When I try the same thing with someone who actually deserves it... I still get no real reaction. I guess I'll just have to live with pulling them out of their cars and onto the street, and just driving away.

-Aaron

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment