View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:56 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: To Buy or Not to Buy, This is The Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Yeah Danny, they are glass. The way to be sure is look at the inner fogs. No bulbs in them, behind the glass you can see the blank reflector plate.

To me that car looks like it took an awful lot of sun. Exterior paint bad. Steering wheel bad. Upholstery very bad. If you look further, maybe the rear deck behind the back seat is cooked as well.

Why don't you like the Polo Green? It looks in better shape.

Joe
Thank you for the suggestion Joe. So far I am still guessing on the burgundy, here are my thoughts:

- The burgundy is a Euro specs with special options. You can see the headlights leveler, the glass headlights, front bumper sprinklers... the seats seem in good condition, only the fake leather is cracked and I can replace that easily. The paint I am not worried about also. The small dent in the fender is also not an issue. I can feel it is a more solid car than the green one.
What you see inside the car is dirt. Once it is washed and pampered, I think we will have a strong winner...

- The greenie is a US Specs SVX. How did I know that? Can you see the SVX sticker on the passenger side? Such SVX specs never came to the Middle East. Also the corners, they have the ambre marker in them and the car has a one tone color (including roof and trunk). What also prooves this is a US spec SVX is the shape of the front license plate, it is squared whereas the Euro/ME specs comes rectangular.
The greenie seem to me like a bruized car. Without checking it personally, I can see the driver side rear fender like it has been in an accident. Wondering... where is the SVX sticker on this side?
And it doesn't have a sunroof...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.