View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDexler View Post
I drove a Reatta on their press preview. The test drive was almost 300 miles over California back roads, and by the time it was over I really hated that thing. To do ANYTHING, or FIND OUT ANYTHING, you had to take your eyes from the road and tap the @#$%! screen. On top of which, the screen made a huge square hump in the middle of the dash. They were trying to be super high tech, but it turned into a super bad idea. I think if it had had normal instrumentation, the Reatta would still be with us, as it wasn't a bad car, aside from that.

Paul
...I never had a single issue like that. the odd placement of the screen makes it super easy to see as it is just at the edge of your POV, it also doesn't become impossible to see in the sun like all the modern junk.

It did by the way come in a model without a touch screen, it obviously did not have all the features though. I have both, one of which is an ever elusive select 60... i bet you can't guess what year... hint: there is no cup holder.
The touch screen model is the better of the two hands down! ...then again I've also twin charged it with a series 2 and converted it to a 5 speed
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?

Last edited by Speedklix; 04-12-2008 at 11:09 AM.