View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Mr Soob

JJ, I forked out the cash for Subaru to do mine (again - talk to Freddie out at Penrith), and they swapped the gearbox over for me with a reco'd from a place in Melb. Apparently Subaru only have one place they allow to do it. I forget the cost, but it was four figures. I had it in the Monday, and back on the Thursday though. Not a bad turnaround.

IIRC it was more than one big one, but I had a major service done at the same time.

Call Freddie and see what he says. He should know you know us - remind him that you know me. He'll try to give you a good estimate. Of course it won't be the cheapest option but you'll be getting awesome after-sales with it.
========================
Mine actually lost 1st and 2nd, and I had to nurse it from Campbelltown to Parramatta like that
Quick chat to the Subaru guys, and the sequence was like this:

Option #1, Complete rebuild - buying the required internals and finding someone to do it for me.

Option #2 was the replacement reco through Subaru Australia, and

Option #3 was to send it to some place that would charge a bucketload to open it up, have a look and tell me what was wrong, return it to Subaru, then decide if I wanted Option #1 or #2.

Wasn't too hard to decide. Replacement reco was fastest and convenient. Oh, and +100,000km later and it still goes like a champ.
========================
As for ATF coolers, they weren't standard on Aust models, and I even tried 3 times to get one intalled - they are loathe to install it. However, with the hot summers here it is a good idea. I'm kinda sorta not worried about it because I need a reason to stop using the car for a short time *cough*5speed*ahem*cough*.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Last edited by McTaff; 12-27-2005 at 10:30 AM.