Thread: a good buy?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 11:39 PM
mr.roadster

Question a good buy?

Hey all,
First post here, I'm overwhelmed by the sudden interest I've taken in the SVX, and it all stems from an encounter a few days ago. I was cruising a used car lot with my brother who was lookin for a car when I noticed a vehicle in the far corner. I asked him about it and he told me it was a Subaru SVX. it had 3 flat tires and a cracked up windshield and looked to have been sitting for quite some time.

I talked to the dealer and he said it had been there for some tiem and he inteneded to take it to auction. I bugged him about buying it and fixing what was wrong with it and he said the tranny sucked at shifting up gears when it got hot and he would part with it for $4,500 (I live in Alberta, Canada. I understand only around 1,500 made it here). My question is, I find myself thinking about it alot, and does that seem like a worthy price if all that needs fixing is the tranny and windshield? I'd want the tires replaced to pay that price. I consider myself a shadetree mechanic and have done a few trannys. just lookin from soem advice from the experts. thanks,