View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 02:04 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Almost at 100k

Quote:
Originally posted by benebob

Highest was 215 but only b/c I stopped and let it cool a bit otherwise it would've still climbed I'm sure. It was last summer in the 100 degree hot humid days just before Lafaytte. Got up there quick when I autoxed in last month. 75 degree day then. It did get up to the 205 range 2 weekends ago when I went to Johnstown. There's a big mountain you gotta go over and after staying in the 160 range the whole trip it climbed up and I was just thankful to see the top. I even dropped it to 3rd for the hill so it wouldn't hunt through the gears. It wasn't like I was driving like a mad man either.
You know, you're the first one I've "read" that has their sender in the pan...did you get a fitting with the sender that you just welded in? I'm almost ready to buy a new pan so I can experiment with adding fins to it for more cooling (okay, so maybe they won't do a thing due to the lack of airflow...) and I might as well do the sender mod at the same time. I was going to just add the sender to the PermaCool filter housing, but I'm thinking our temp concern should really be at the trans itself.
-Bill
p.s. do you have the URL for the Subaru High Mileage Club?

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker