View Single Post
Old 01-07-2004, 10:32 PM
gamblergw

drove it home 3,345 miles. New owner

I just got in this afternoon from my drive from Ma. to Mesa Az. going through texas to visit my son. I bought the car on ebay a few weeks ago . Paid for it in 3 days and did not get to go pick it up until Mon. after xmas. The seller was very honest about the car. Stated that it ran and drove great but had a wheel bearing noise. I had time to order a wheel bearing and take it with me. The car had 116,595 miles when i picked it up. I checked the oil which was about 3/4 quarts over full. The car ran and drove great. The tranny shifts great and all things work except the gas guage is up and down. I had a smsll shop in burlington N. Carilina install the wheel bearing and they did a great job. the car got a low of about 24 miles to 27 miles to the galon. That was at speeds at 70 to 85 and a couple of times 90 MPH It now has 119,940 miles for a 3,345 mile trip with no problems. It used a little less than a quart of oil. It has no leaks and is the best and quietest driving car i have ever owned. I now know why svx owners love there cars so much. I will need front rotors . It shakes when braking hard. I am one happy svx new owner. Jim Stanley