View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
Re: should i buy the SVX?

With the stock KA motor the 240 is slow as balls, but will still spin up the rear tires and get sideways with a little encouragement. The KA can be turbocharged, but the more popular route is to swap in the already turbo'd SR20DET engine. It's an amazingly fun, well balanced, great handling car (weighs about 2800 lbs). Mine has required maybe $100 worth of work in the 18 months I've owned it, and it's an '89 with 307,000 KM on it.

The main thing to watch out for with 240's is rust, they were made from cheap metal and most are is rough shape.

Don't get me wrong, I love my SVX. It's my baby and I have zero intention of ever parting with it. But for sheer fun and not caring it just can't compare to the Nissan. I beat on the car daily and it always puts a grin on my face.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Last edited by Crazy_pilot; 07-05-2011 at 05:49 PM.