View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 10:55 AM

More Power Light

As I said I'm totally new to the SVX....never even sat in one before......and I have no manual to tell me anything

What is the "right time" for the Power light to come on.....I assume it suppose to come on when the ignition is turned on before starting the engine .....at the same time all the idiot lights are on at the instrument panel. But all that tells me is that the bulb in the idiot light is working...right?

When I crank the engine ...the Power light goes out....I assume that's what it's supposed to do.....but I don't know what the Power light idiot light circuit is monitoring....?? Alternatior-charging circuit ??? Transmission mode ?? (some tranny's have a "power" setting)....manifold pressure- trottle opening (like BMW's have) to measure fuel economy ?????

Then when I blip the throttle....while still in Park....sitting still .....sometimes ....it flashes....What does this mean??

Basically I just need to know what system that idiot light is monitoring. Then this idiot can figure out the rest.....

Should be a simple answer but God is this difficult!

Warren