View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 06:12 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: What do you think of my new wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I've started my prototype inspired wing. It isn't exactly like it, I could have done it closer, but I like this better.

Looking at the JDM wing, I don't believe it would be the best start for a prototype copy, overlapping the sides of the trunk lid is kinda ugly to me compared to the molded look of the prototype. I think the US stock wing will do so much better. From the moment I got the car, I thought Subaru mounted the wing in the wrong place, so I am fixing that and also molding it into the trunk lid to flow more like the prototype. Remember, this is not a copy, it is just inspired by the prototype, I took some liberties and am making it look good to me.

This is just the start, it will flow so much nicer once the glass work starts:
Elliot, you should raise that wing a little bit from the back, the upper panel of the wing slopes downwards from the back. If you raise it by half an inch, it will look better and be positively functional.

Take it from a fellow fiberglasser

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.