Thread: Checking in.
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2003, 09:38 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Checking in.

Kermit's been ill for awhile and I've been less than enthusiastic about keeping up with the SVX family as a result. It's getting chilly out, I'll be riding the Suzuki less, Kermit's scheduled to be repaired this Thursday, I'm getting excited about driving it more often - so, "Hi there. I'm Steve".

As some know, the company I've worked at for nearly 28 years recently announced that they'll be closing the plant. The big, "Welcome to Limbo". It didn't exactly take me by surprise, as I've been looking around for several years anyway, but even though I'd been on one list for over two years - no calls. So three weeks after the announcement - they called. Some friends are calling it 'Divine intervention'. I'm calling it 'Just in time'.

I've been to orientation and will start six weeks of para-military training beginning October 6th (the day after our wedding anniversary). I'm really looking forward to being a BAD-@$$ correctional officer. I think I'll have the mostest funnest and happiest timest of all and stuff.

Oh, and a word of advice: Try not to go to prison. Man, it's really nasty in there.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>