Thread: iPod transfer?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:31 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohrds
I won't use an iPod because the quality is too poor. I have an MP3 player on my phone and a 1GB card in it. I use the phone cable to connect to the stereo in place of the CD player.

Not sure what processor the phone uses, but it handles 320, 44.1 MP3s without breaking a sweat.

The cool thing is that when a call comes in, I use the car stereo as the hands free. Works great except when the wife is in the car too and the girlfriend calls (Just kidding)

<RANT>
iTunes and iPod are great for the average consumer. Not for the audiophile or the musician. Unfortunatly, they (Apple) are contributing to the "dumbing down" of the media world. Instead of consumers demanding more true HD content (audio and video), they are demanding an ultra-compressed versions because that is what the mainstream product supports.
</RANT>

Doug

what is so poor about the quality? granted, i've never heard older iPods, but the 5th gen video iPod sounds just fine to me. i rip all my CD's at 256k - in fact, i read an article recently where a panel of audiophiles couldn't distinguish between a CD and a 256k MP3. i know i can't, and i'm a musishun. some people do whine about the "preset" EQ settings, and no adjustability, but i leave the iPod on a flat setting and use the much better EQ in my headunit.

i'm no Apple fan, but its the best solutuion for a car, until other manufacturers wake up and make a docking connector that charges the unit and has a line-out. getting compressed audio out of a headphone jack isn't going to cut it for me.

the added benefit of the iPod is that it also makes you smartAr.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)