View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I had never even seen an SVX until my car. My husband had always thought they were cool looking and found one on a lot back in July 1999. I took one look at the car and said there's no way we can afford something like that. We had just bought a house and now had a house payment that was twice what it had been before. My Legacy was within a year of being paid for and I just knew there was no way. We went back the next day when the dealership owner was there and we test drove it. Love at first drive! And going back I was really sad because I still knew there was no way we could get this car for payments around $200/mth. As it turned out (we paid way too much) the payments were a dollar and change less than the Legacy payments. A day later, it was mine.

Had we done our homework on this car, we'd never have bought this car, and I'd have missed out on so much, including this network. We'd have several thousand dollars more.....

And I have to say that part of my attraction to this car is completely self-serving. I like the reaction it gets, I know it isn't me in the car that's getting the looks, but it's so much fun just to get them (new paint does wonders)!

I think this may very well be the last car we ever buy.

~~michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*