View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Possible aircon problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW svx View Post
Problem sorted?
We have all been snowed under so yesterday I started the SVX up before heading out, to cut a long story short I got distracted on the phone then had to send an e-mail and one thing lead to another and I forgot that I had left the SVX running. So for about 2 hours the car was running with the heater control wedged on to hot and flat out, when I got to the car it was like an oven inside anyway I drove away to my destination and on the way there I pulled out the wedge of paper from the round heater control to adjust it and guess what it works perfectly even the outside temp button works! so so far for 2 days the heater control knob functions perfectly as does the outside temp reading could I have stumbled on a cure? Perhaps the very hot air dried a damp joint or maybe dried off some condensation that may have affected it who knows but so far its working.
Hate to dampen your fire......but, mine had the same performance for a while....then the problem came back

will keep the fingers crossed for you

John

ps I know I like to take my SVX off the road for winter to preserve it's good looks, but I do envy you guy's runing yours in winter with the snow and all that

the older I get, the faster I was