View Single Post
Old 07-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Only one cooler?

I would not agree with your tech on this Cubes. With the B&M out front, the reverse is happening. Your tranny cooler is dumping hot air into the condenser rad, and that in turn is having to work hard to get rid of the heat that it is being fed from it's own system and the additional heat from the B&M.

Personally, I would not consider having the Supercooler physically in touch with the AC rad a good idea. An air gap of a few mm would help avoid heat transferring by conduction. Also, it is important that air can get feely right through the three matrices.

Where I would agree with your tech is on the point of the original stock cooler. You should be running fluid through this. The original is a liquid and air cooled device, and square inch for square inch is a more efficient dumper of heat than the B&M. If you force feed it with an air line, you will see it is not clogged completely. Can't have been, else your tranny would have burned up on a run to the shops with the amount of heat ours produces.

Connect up the stock cooler as well, feed them in parallel. If the stock one ever clogs completely, you will still have safe cooling with the B&M auxiliaryin place. Also, and your tech will like this, with two devices doing the cooling, there will be less heat dumped back at your AC condenser from the B&M, which will then be better able to cope with it's own job of keeping the driver cool.

All systems happy!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl