Thread: airbags
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2003, 11:47 AM
still in love with Hannah

It's like this...

Last night I got laidoff from work(hopefully for just a short time) so I wnet for a little drive after work to clear my head and think a little. Well, I was making the turn to go home(2 miles from my house) and the car just refused to turn, it went straight, over an embankment, hitting some big a$$ed rocks, going airborne for half a second and then stopping when it hit a tree stump about 1 foot in diameter and 10" high, which is what caused the airbag to deploy. Shortly after the bag went off, the window was down and I was gasping for air. Them things suck! but I'm glad that it worked, now I don't have to worry about it being too old to deploy. I just hope it can be fixed. The damage is pretty much in the front of the vehicle at the intake for the radiator. It didn't push anything against the motor but it's all bent to heck. But, the part that really worries me is what kind of damage the rocks did to the underside. I also hope that the flatbed crew can get it onto the truck without causeing it to fall off the edge of the embankment.
I'll tell you what, I really didn't need this.
1996 Legacy Outback-"Gilda" white with brown trim