View Single Post
Old 06-28-2002, 10:58 PM
Network Design Administrator

Talking You will NEVER beleive who I found today!!! (LONG)

So, Im out and about, and helping a friend of mine get her A/C in her car fixed, OK shes my girlfriend. And we run into this little place called Car Masters that specializes in Subarus, but will work on all makes and models.

Anyway, I ask the guy if he had and SVX experience. I see a Master Tech plaque on the wall and my hopes go up... He then laughs and says, yeah I was one of the leads on the team that brought the SVX to this country!!!

Excuse me????

He says yeah, at one point my task was to train at least 2 techs from each dealership on the SVX so that they would have the experience.

He then shows me ORIGINAL spec sheets and stuff from BEFORE the SVX was released here in the states.

He also offered me the 'new car demo tape'. The one that came with the car new you say? No, the one that they sent to the dealerships for the Tech guys, says he has a lot left over, and will give me one!!!

He also with backed up a story that I had heard from another guy about a week earlier.

There was not only one PPG Pace car but TWO built. Only one ever ran the circuit cause CART didnt like the whole ABS not being able to put it in a slide bit. Also that as of at LEAST a month ago one of the PPG Cars is STILL AT SOA IN NJ!!!

Sooo, he also tells me he has a line on the first SVX to ever see American soil. And that he really wants a 93 as there were only 500 made, and that they are all Red(duh).

I am really excited that I met this guy.

We had a LONG (2 hours) conversation about all kinds of SVX stuff, and let me tell you, if he has HALF the materials he says he does, oh my... he has stuff that we didnt even know existed. Any SVX enthusiast would make him a rich man for the documentation he has on this car.

He also confirmed that the Front brake setup is exactly what sits on a pathfinder (didnt state the year) and that the transmission istelf is as well (not the forward and rear diffs, just the guts).

Anyway... have I got stories, way to much to type here...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.

Last edited by RSVX; 06-30-2002 at 08:44 AM.