View Single Post
Old 12-13-2002, 11:11 AM
henryb

I agree with Stevebsy -- neither car sounds that great, but Car #1 sounds better. Also the '92 Black on dark grey leather was only offered in the '92. After '92 the Black had beige leather.

I would be surprised if the dealer would take $5K off for your Legend on a $10K SVX. But you never know! Usually a trade-in gets you almost nothing for the car you are trading in! I would attempt to sell the Legend privately while you continue to look for a nicer SVX.

So my recommendation would be to keep looking. I don't know about Vancouver, but in the Toronto area, there is always a dozen or more for sale in autotrader.ca ... I just checked and there are 11 for sale in Ontario.

There is a nice Silver '92 with 120K for $12 (I looked at it when I was buying mine a month ago), it was very nice... but I wanted a Black beauty!

I know Ontario is a little far for you to go looking for SVX's, but the point is ... that there are alot of them out there in Canada. If you can't find one right now (probably not the best time for people to be selling their cars - right before Christmas) that you should try to be patient and don't settle for something that is less then you expect.

Hope that helps,