View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 06:30 PM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Help me decide on one of the following SVX's

I have instantly become infatuated with the SVX, so I'm on the search. I've looked at 3 cars, #3 is a backet case, below are the details of #1 and #2.
I've looked thru a lot of the threads and have found a lot of good info to help my search.
It appears that the ideal vehicle would be perfect, but I realize that I'm not going to find that here in Vancouver BC, Canada.
The 2 I have narrowed it down to are both within the same value. Asking $10k CAN
#1:1992 Black SVX LS-L, 158,000 Kms, vin#JF1CX3536NH109607, had an accident, been repaired, other evidence of incidents, not that clean, mechanically very good(wheel bearings, drive line, trany, engine) but AC does not appear to work.
#2:1992 Maroon SVX LS-L, 170,000 Kms,Vin#JF1CX3532NH105327, 2 window claims, 2 minor accidents(cosmetic) and the body is almost perfect, 1 spider dent on the hood from a badly positioned battery(oops), a door ding on the from Quarter panel, and the rear wing was repainted badly(probably part of one of the vandalism claim), but the Trany fluid smells burnt, so it will have to be either replaced(or if I can burn it out myself within the 6month dealer warrantee, it'll be free) and the AC compressor is completely seized, but there is still preasure in the ac system, the CD player doesn't work(what ever), and the rear diff was binding for my first test drive, but after feedback from these threads, and some aggresive driving, the binding went away on my second test drive.

I prefer #2, as I'm not big on black.

I plan to offer $5kCAN and my Acura Legend as a trade, and it looks like they are willing to deal.

I plan to take #2 to a expert in imports(I trust him) to review the entire drive line and the rest of the vehicle, aswell as investigate all the details I've gathered from this and other SVX sites.

I'd like to know any opinions on some other factors I should concider, and if these VIN#'s sound familiar. I realize that #2 has an older vin# meaning it missed the external trany filter update.
And also which car our readers would pick?

I should get some pics for a better perspective, I'll try, weather here in Vancouver is rainy, so pics don't do the cars true justice.

I welcome feedback. Please

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms