View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: timing belt help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
If you shut off the motor and you touch nothing you could line up the marks. ME and this is just me , I would line up the mechanical marks (pulley to ref marks on the block) timing is timing mistakes are made when you line up just the belt
Nowhere did I say not to line up to the marks on the pulley cover ...I put links to pictures ALL showing the marks on the pulleys and the pulley cover... MY point is that you will have LESS of a chance at screwing it up if you use BOTH the marks on the belt AND the timing marks on the pulleys and the pulley covers. The number of teeth between the CRANK gear and the cam gear is specific and MARKED on the backside of the belt. IF the marks are worn off the SERVICE MANUAL suggests marking the position of the belt, using the marks on the pulley covers AND the pulleys so that you get the spacing of the belt correct on re-assembly.....

I'm not trying to get in a pissing match here with you CONN.... I'm trying to give help to someone that said they haven't done this before.... I did it myself for the first time and I'm trying to help someone from that point of view.... Not someone like you who has done it a million times....
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .