View Single Post
Old 02-24-2007, 09:32 PM

Ugh! I'm not fond of the extra stripe decals. Reminds me that similar stripe styles were a popular dealer add-on for everything from Geo Metros to Honda Accords back in the early '90s-- anything to add a little "distinctiveness" to your new econobox. The white leather interior must have required a little more work. I wonder if that particular car is still around?

When I worked at the Infiniti dealership in 1991-93, we used to "pimp" new cars into "Special Editions" like this all of the time. Pinstripes, aftermarket spoilers, wheels, wood dashboard kits, gold-plated emblems, and the like, were all too common. I'm surprised this SVX doesn't have aftermarket wheels, too. We had one '92 Q45 that got 'tarted up' into a 'P-51Q' to reference the WWII era fighter plane. Along with tacky pinstripes and custom 'P-51' logos, it got a tuning chip, custom exhaust, yellow-stripe-sidewall tires, and big chrome rims. The owner of the dealership actually took it out to the Bonneville Salt Flats and raced it before selling it to some unsuspecting customer!

davew833@yahoo.com

Former 6-time SVX owner

Last edited by davew833; 02-24-2007 at 09:38 PM.