View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
I didn't notice the tranny throwing codes via the power light, which is something it's done in the past with the original SVX tranny. However, I was not watching the dash carefully, and I believe I've never started the car with the FWD fuse removed, in which case I'm not sure if it would throw a code for an AWD problem. So that's something to check for sure.

I'm trying to brainstorm a failure that would match my symptoms. I was hoping it's something electric and not mechanical, but if my Sol C was out or something, then the FWD fuse wouldn't have an effect and the car would be stuck in AWD mode... so it seems like it's something mechanical that only occurs when Sol C is cycling? Bad clutch pack? Are there other valves that might be clogged that would cause this? Any damage common to transmissions that have sat around for a while? (This 4EAT is from a '97 Legacy Outback that was crashed in 2000... so it's been sitting on a shelf for like 5 years before I got it.)
Most Legacy Outbacks have 4.44 gears, so the rear 4.11 is probably not what you needed...

What makes you think the Tranny has 4.11 gears?
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"