Thread: hi guys!
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 09:42 PM
CopsodyX

Thanks all. Great to be here.

But my enthusiasm was greatly reduced today. My mom and I went to pick it up. I was so excited. They checked all the fluids, and it needed braking fluid. So they did it, and my mom wanted to drive it. She loved it, but it took her a while to get used to the windows. Anyway, everything was great except for the wheel bearings.

Was great. We got home 150 fun miles later, and I was driving it. It felt really good. Steering was good, but it moved a bit from bumps, but in a way I like how I can feel the road, literally. The rear wheel bearings need to be changed. The suspension feels good...tight, comfortable, no noise. The engine is very quiet with the windows up, and with them down, there is a slight whir from the engine...like a wine. Tune up? The car feels very powerful, much more so than my moms A6, which I expected. The tranny shifted well, the AWD felt like it was working, but even though my mom said that she didn't feel it, when making a turn and accelerating, I felt maybe a thud, like the AWD shifting, or a kind of light, fast, repeating bang. Scary.

Then, we had a BIG problem. I was really working the car, when I noticed that the brakes were getting very soft. I was pressing to the floor. So then, I went into my driveway, and the car was hemoraging braking fluid every time I pressed hard on the brakes. I don't know what to do. I'm a bit confused, and I really need help.

Thoughts please?