View Single Post
Old 05-23-2002, 11:43 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: hi guys!

Quote:
Originally posted by CopsodyX

The SVX guy slammed the brakes, and threw the SVX to the right, and downshifted the tranny from D to 3, and we slowed fast, and I was so hooked. The adrenaline running through me was...OMG!!!

Oh, and one more issue...after that unbelievable run, we got back, and the car seemed fine, and we shut the engine. We started it up again. Smoke came out of the engine bay. He says that the ****ty plastic brake fluid resivior shot a bit of fluid out of it because of the very high pressure stop, and it put the fluid on the hot engine. He is actually a race car driver, so I pretty much believed him, and it didn't happen again from what I saw. I hope it wasn't anything else, but they said if there were any problems, they'd take the car back, and give me my money back, so i'm not too worried.

Hey, ANOTHER quick question: The car will be driven back 125 miles to my home. What do you think I should do for the car? Redline fuel system cleaner? Tranny flush? Dare I say tune up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

After the down**** to 3rd, did you see the tranny fall behind? What did he do that for?

Smoke, I would be careful about. My red SVX (just sold) used to smoke. I know power steering O-ring (easy cheap fix) was leaking but the engine was leaking like mad as well. So be careful about the smoke comming out from the car. You can check if it is really PS leak by driving your car in a circle (tight) at a low speed (like 2mph). If it groans form the front wheel area, it's the ps leak. Otherwise, you are looking for a lot more $$$$

Make sure they write it in words that if there is anything wrong with the car, they'd take it back. If he is a race car driver, let him drive on the track. Not on the road. I am not too happy about that. I know (and trust me) KNOW how to abuse a car. SVXes do not like to be abused. Well, they do but they will slap you with a huge money pit.

If tranny/engine is runing, check your tranny fluid. If it is ok, do not flush it out. Slowly drain some and replace some over time. Suby dealer recommandation to my 92 with 120k miles.

Good luck
welcome

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 05-23-2002 at 11:45 PM.