View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 08:28 PM

mile-hi-bri,

I'll take a stab at some answers and let others jump in. Numbering your questions/comments/paragraphs as 1 through 6....

1. Yes, but these "should" average out and given we can't vary tire pressure in real-time, a compromise would be to ignore this variation.

2. Yes again, but their spec is at one pressure and one load value and is therefore not transferable to specific vehicles. Consider (a little silly I know, but stick with me) putting a 225x50x16 tire on a go-kart vice the SVX, obviously the SVX mounted tire will have more flex in the sidewall and hence a smaller rolling circumference.

3. Yes, and given enough time I would like to quantify just how much difference there is when in a turn.

4. yes, yet again (at least as I understand it). The transfer case on the US version AWD system uses clutches that slip. Minimizing the tire rolling circumference will reduce wear on those clutches, reduce heat induced from the slippage and therefore extend tranny life to some small degree.

5. ABS is in braking, and for the moment I'm limiting myself to transmission issues only - my limited capabilities are stressed now (taking two MBA courses at night, full time job, wife & 3 kids at home, etc sorry for the whining there, I'm all better now ).

6. Got me.

thanks for the thoughts.