Old 12-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Salutations - need help with starting problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
Merry Christmas Will!

Sorry about your problem. I found this form several years ago and in the past I received great assistance from outstanding people that were also knowledgeable people... here to help!

Time changes everything, and for a variety of reasons, most have moved on.

After reading over the reply's on this thread a couple of times, I would highly recommend that you do yourself a favor and get your car to a dealer and get it checked out...

Be specific about just diagnosing the failure to start. Probably would charge one hour labor.

This is exactly what I would do.

Keith
I agree fully, cranks/no start can be the worst PITA to diag yourself.... and you can sometimes make it worse depending on what you do to test it.

I wouldnt worry about the crank pulley as of yet, that wouldnt be a problem with this condition. Just pay the dealer to diag it and then you can decide if you want to do it yourself or not. Given the fact it has done this twice before exactly the same leads me to believe its electrical, which can be hell to track down sometimes.

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.