View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 07:53 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
hmm, still considering it

Well, the car seems to be in fantastic shape, and the salesman said they'd be willing to put a new timing belt, water pump and re-seal the engine before I bought it (at no additional cost). They are asking 14k for it but I'd expressed my misgivings about the tranny and the fact that it takes premium and gets worse gas mileage than the acura i'm driving now and told him i wouldn't pay more than 10k for it and they're actually considering it (now i wish i had told him 8 or 9 lol)

Thats still a lot of miles and with gas going up, i still have concerns. Although, it would lower my car payment and it has about as many miles as my acura does, so its still makes some financial sense if it'll last longer than my acura. From what i hear, the CL's really start falling apart after 100k and i'm starting to feel it. The tranny in this car sucks and i expect it to start slipping any time now.

One other thing...are the 2.5 turbos interferance engines? I know the 3.3's aren't but i wasn't sure about the 2.5's
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.