Thread: I bought HID's
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 10:24 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
got them from Dayle and the instructions say something about cutting a hole in my headlight housings? I didn't dig too far into the kit or instructions, I actually just took them somewhere to get them installed.. and they asked how bad I want them installed because it sounded like a huge pain in the ass. Why aren't they just plug and play? Could somebody give me some tips on the install? None of the faq's here help much.
Send that crap back to Dayle... I'll tell you how to build a set that work AWESOME!!! And most importantly, you don't have to cut the housings and you still can use the ADJUSTER SCREWS!!! I think until I did the swap, everyone else was having to butcher the headlight housings, well it turns out that you really don't have to do that to mount the projectors... All you need (and this is the rough list) is BWM 3-Series Projectors and ballasts (Audi TT projectors are the same)... From there you need the specs of the bracket I designed to mount them... Let me know if you are interested... I have to dig through my junk and find the specs...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...