View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 AM
$1 is just $1, but $2 = nachos

Thanks guys!

Due to a harsh winter, and some CalTrans idiot that decided to sand Hwy80 when it wasn't even raining yet, the car's recently (like 4 months ago?) been painted (and had the '97 grill installed), and I just did the SmallCar lenses on both the headlights and the corner-markers. So it's looking pretty clean right now due to all the fresh bits. Plus the previous owner (a friend of mine) is the original owner, and while she put 180k miles on it, she took religiously good care of the car, so everything's straight, and the interior is in great shape.

The wheels are MB Motorsports "Weapons" (aka A-Tech "Erasors"). I got 'em from www.discounttiredirect.com. 17x8+42. They seem to fit pretty well, but I'm still a little concerned about the steering geometry and rear bearings since the offset's a touch low... oh well, they look cool! Tires are 255/40ZR17 Falken Azenis ST-115's... which run a little narrow for a "255" tire, so there's no rubbing issues.

I've had the car since last September, and it's been a fantastic daily-driver... 'cept the tranny's already giving out (solinoid B) and I just rebuilt it back when I got it. Oh well, I've got a WRX 5-speed sitting on the floor of a local shop that's doing the swap as soon as I can afford it! As well as a set of JIC coilovers off my WRX that we think we can retrofit for the SVX )need to fab topmounts and hop the rear's are long enough)... then add in a dual exhaust, and that baby's all set!