View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 01:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Nikfu, there are some things from your post I don't understand. First of all is the timing belt issue:

Quote:
since i lacked the knowledge and equipment to retime the vehicle when installing the t-belt it is a few teeth off.
A lack of knowledge I can understand. But it takes no extra equipment to 're-time' the engine. Everything has nice little marks all over the place so you know when it's all lined up right. I'm not making fun of you - I'm just trying to help. If your car's timing is indeed 'off by a few teeth,' it must run terribly. Again, I urge you to correct the problem because it can't be good for your economy, power or the engine's longevity.

Second is the throttle body:

Quote:
actually on very rare occasions my right valve actually opens. i can tell by the tone of the "growl" above 3k rpm.
Both of the plates in the throttle body are attached to the same shaft and each is held on to that shaft by one or two screws. I can't remember whether it's one or two, but I am going to go out on a limb and say two. Since these plates are under no torsional stress, I find it hard to understand why those screws would break under any kind of driving conditions. I also can't remember whether, if those screws are removed, the plate will spin freely around the shaft, just come off or still work as intended. I'm very tempted to take the cover off my SVX when I get home and look for myself.

Short version: I find it very hard to understand why only one side of the throttle body would open. If you could better explain this to us, it might help clear up the confusion.

Third:

Quote:
you guys are totally out of line on making light of the way i talk.
I think you know the drill here, big guy. If somebody can make light of another's rolled SVX by editing on a big cartoon dragon sticking out of the sunroof, I don't think taking jabs at somebody's chosen writing style is 'totally out of line.' You've proven that you can write very well, you just choose not to. So stop whining - you made the choice to write like you did. I mean, come on, 'pig latin for rappers' - that was funny!

Lasty, is this the SUV you saw? I just now remembered the brand.

http://www.laforza.com/

I can't imagine why anybody would buy one. They claim 'Italian luxury,' but the most advanced convenience feature is power locks and windows. Their site is covered in lies. Who buys these things???

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-09-2003 at 01:43 PM.