View Single Post
Old 03-05-2002, 06:53 AM
The Road Less Traveled

Re: Re: Evaporative Emission Control System

I guess I'll have to have the injectors tested one day. C'est la vie.

On the subject of the roll-over valve. IF it's stuck closed, would it be a problem? You know, other than the fact that I won't be able to drive upside down?

Service manuals says if there's a problem with the evaporative emission control system, that a rough idle "could likely" be the cause of it. In your experience, could it? I'm also trying to hunt down a rough idle that cropped up in the past week or two, which I think may be the MAF or the TPS.

Thx, Beav.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav

First off, I can only think of one evap hose between the canister and fuel tank. The other two are fuel supply and fuel return. If you can't blow through the evap hose, which, BTW, must be a heckuva lot of fun, it may be that the rollover valve is stuck closed. (you didn't roll the car over on its top to do this, did you? ) Pressure build-up in non-vented tanks is not abnormal, most gas caps will warn you of the possibility of pressure blow-back if the cap is released too quickly.

I highly doubt that this would be the cause of any hard start problems, no matter what temperature. If you're thinking rich mixture/hot engine = hard start that would most likely occur from a dribbling injector, and that's not uncommon at all. I've replaced three injectors similar to the SVXs in the past couple weeks for the same reason. (Nissan Maxima, Mercury Villager, Chrysler LH something) Once the engine starts do you need to 'clean it out' a tad before it runs right? (raise the rpm/goose the throttle)

Beav