View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Re: Anybody know this car?

Definitely worth saving, but not at the $1500 price. Often times a "blown head gasket" is a bad diagnosis and is really a case of jumped timing. If you can look at the car, check the oil and the water in the radiator. Normally a blown head gasket will result in oil in the water and/or water in the oil. If both the oil and water are normal, I would suspect a timing issue. In this case it is a pretty simple fix. (Of course, I would make my offer based on it being a blown head gasket.)

I agree that this is an LE instead of an L model. The absence of the ABS is the primary indicator. Driver side airbag is more of a function as to when the car was built versus the model. Same with automatic versus manual seat belts. The spoiler was an option on these vehicles so some come with it an others do not.

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew833 View Post
For sale in Utah: '94 L FWD with a probable blown HG. About 120k miles. Stage 1 shift kit, slotted rotors, big stereo and obnoxious wing. Originally Laguna Blue. Owner wants $1500/obo including original wheels. Is it worth saving?
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE