View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

Re: Things I've learnt while detailing (frivolous post)

I say good on him. Sure its the extreme end of a scale and not something I'd do myself for lack of time, money and interest.

And hey, the Swavorski crystal casket will probably be a collector's item one day. Again wouldn't do it, but wouldn't mind having a spare twenty grand to be able to!

Is it really so different in principle than someone having one SVX they keep in pristine condition and one, two (or more) to be driven more regularly with the odd chip and scrape acceptable?

I like that he takes it so seriously but can also shrug his shoulders and say "yeah, I get that you think I'm weird and OTT, but its my hobby and I'm gonna do what I want to do".

I'm doing it because its giving me the knowledge and confidence to tackle bigger stuff, but I think I'm nuts and laugh at myself for working so hard on learning to touch up chips and scratches as best I can when both bumpers need repainting and the front bumper and bonnet (complete with large dent) have dodgy as anything primer where the last owner started working on it.

Doubt I'm the only one who's gotten out a toothbrush to clean some hard to reach spot. Think that's pretty funny, too.

No plants = no life on earth - so go forth and plant green things!