View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomake Wan View Post
Okay, just went on another run. Unfortunately, during this run my wiring to the TCU for POWER mode seems to have fallen apart (though I've checked it and it seems to be correct, so I'm not sure why it isn't registering power mode anymore). I'll have to redo it tomorrow, but until then, it's back to normal USDM economy mode...

Anyway, some observations from this run.

1.) Those weird secondary percentage indicators appear on all three of the Duty Solenoids. Bug in the GUI.

2.) Duty Solenoid B remains at 5% when unlocked. When the torque converter locks, the solenoid jumps to 50% and then transitions from 50% to 95% gradually. If the transmission is in "Normal" mode when you disengage the cruise control, it drops to 55%, but does not go down to 5%. So when driving around without Power Mode, the torque converter appears to be in a semi-locked state. Odd. It'll go down to 5% if you start to brake for a stop, though. Presumably to prepare for sudden acceleration.

Hope this helps some!

Been thinking about the way the B solenoid drops to 55% duty cycle, instead of either on or off.

I think that the lock-up clutch is applied all the time and is not released for gear changes. It just drops the pressure applied to the clutch, so that if there is any sudden change in load during the gear change, the clutch will slip to prevent any shock being felt.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.