View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 06:54 PM
replacing something or another

Send a message via MSN to kis86
Hesitation/low power problem...

I'll start with what I know:

1. My EGR valve is stuck open
2. Both oxygen sensors are bad. A guy at a repair shop told me this when they were troubleshooting another problem...the CEL was not on at this time.

Now...what's happening:

The car feels like it just doesn't want to accelerate unless I step it down and get it into "Power" mode. It's hesitating, and just plain doesn't feel like I have any power at all...

It seems to idle fine, although I've noticed a slightly rough idle once every 3 or 4 starts. It does idle at about 750 rpm...on one of the bigger lines

The CEL turned on about a week ago. It started off coming on for a few seconds, then turning off...then on again. Now it's on almost all the time, solid. I'm going to check codes, but I'm thinking it'll just say the oxygen sensors are bad. The problem started before the light came on, and has gotten progressively worse as far as I can tell...although maybe I'm just getting more annoyed *lol*

The air filter was recently changed to a fram airhog. The oil is clean, filter should be fine as well...was changed with the oil. No smells or funny sounds that I can find. The throttle body and maf were cleaned, the maf tested on another svx and works fine. Haven't done anything with the TPS...maybe it could be the problem, or plugs?

I'm tired of feeling like I have to step on it just to keep up with traffic starting from a stop light! Any ideas?

Thanks