View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Superbeast

Well I would check out the battery and charging system first. Some times with Subaru the charging lights will never come on when the car is not charging, I don't know why but it's pretty damn annoying.

Just the other day I went to go shopping in the 93 Imprezza that I've been trying to put together for the past year, I got to a stop light and turned on the turn signal and the radio shut off I then went through the light and started to get on the highway and hte car would not accelerate, noticed that the tach was not working at that point. I had to pull over to try and figure out what was happening, when I did I shut off the AC and blower fan and the radio and tach started working again So I left them off and the car would run better, enough to get me the store. When I got to the store I tried to roll the windows up and the they would barly move and the tach died again, at this point I had a pretty good idea of what was going on, and sure enough after I shut the car off it would not restart again It was not charging at all and the warning lights never came on.

So go get your system checked, I think Autozone does it for free or maybe even a local shop (I know my shop will check it out for you real quik with no charge) to see if you got a problem. You don't want to end up stuck at Stop and Shop with a dead car.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!