View Single Post
Old 07-08-2003, 02:44 PM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
we also need to figure out how to make the car think it is in drive so that fuel cut does not come on at 6500 rmp. The car should rev to 7, but it thinks its in nuetral and seems to have a neurtal fuel cut off so you dont blow your engine I think it would require a toggle switch to be turned off for startup and then on once you get the car oon flip it over. I dont have the wiring know how or meterial, stehpen do you have the wiring diagrams??
phil
PS why would putting the car in drive change the idle?...
phil
I don't think its a fuel cutoff that kicks in at 6500 rpm. That would be bad for the motor. I think the ecu selectively begins not firing certain cylinders. My car does this even in drive.

I think the ecu bumps the throttle position slightly when the car is put into drive to counter act the drag put on the motor by the TC.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.