View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:43 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Talking Its Fixed

Thanks to all the SVX master mechanics on this forum my problem was fixed. It turned out that after I cleared the code by leaving the battery disconnected for 1/2 hr. the car started right up and the fans were not blowing. So let see if I can sum this up correctly so I know what to do for the next time I have this problem or a similar one:
1. When the CEL was coming on and then going off after a few seconds that is when to check for the code. (It is a warning)
2 If you wait too long like I did, the CEL stays on and causes more problems like mine did when the fans stayed on and the car wouldn't start after it got cold.
3. After changing the sensor, You MUST clear the code. Is that correct?
4. Now back to that brown plug. I snapped a little piece off the plug that locks it into place. It that going to be a problem? If so, any way to fix that?

Thanks again for everybody help especially Tom(svxfiles) who called as soon as he saw my post.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander