View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 05:06 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Angry Car wouldn't start

I just went out to move my car and it wouldn't start. Here is what it was doing: it sounded like it wanted to start but it would stall almost instantaniously. It seemed like it was not getting enough gas so I held the gas pedal to the floor and got it to start. I hope it will start for me in the morning for work. What could have caused that? I noticed that when I turned the key, my fans would start blowing! I don't think they should be blowing because I hadn't started the car all day and the engine was cold? Here is waht I did yesterday and tell if this has anything to do with this problem.
1. My CEL was coming on for a while , it would come on and then go off. I checked it out and found out that it was the Coolant Temp sensor. Well yesterday the CEL came on and would not go off so I changed the sensor. The first thing I noticed was that the I need two different socket sizes. The one in the car had a different size nut than the new one I got from Subaru ( part# 22630AA041) Is that the correct one?
. 2nd thing I noticed was that on the brown plug there seems to be only one wire going to it. Is that right? There are two holes but only one has a wire attached to it. Did I loose a wire somewhere?
3. and now the fans don't turn off?
What did I do????? All I did was change the sensor???
4. How do I get the CEL to go off? Will it go off on its own or do I need to clear it?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander