View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Old Guy

A small puff of white smoke on startup is usually of no concern. Moisture in the cylinders or exhaust system. Black smoke is a sign of burning oil or too rich fuel mixture. Here are a few items you might consider. The paint looks to have been buffed with a rotary buffer leaving swirls in either the wax or the clearcoat. If in the wax, no problem. If in the clearcoat it will have to be CAREFULLY buffed again with an orbital buffer to remove the swirls. The driver and passenger seats have obviously been recovered. Do you know the condition of the seats under the covers? Are the covers of good quality and are they comfortable (those that fit too tightly give a harsh feel, bad for long trips). I'd ask why the price was raised. Did the owner/dealer do anything that would justify a hike in price. Unless there is a good reason, I'd consider the original asking price as my place to begin negotiations. Overall, the car looks pretty good in the pictures, however you are the one who can see it up close and personal. Go to the FAQ on this site that tells you what to look for when buying a SVX. It has some good information. Best wishes.
Preston