View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 06:49 PM

FI lightened = race car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
If I can ever figure out how to hack into LAN tunning and start to play, I can tear down my spare EG33 and see what kind of boost the motor will hold with some different pistons. But without being able to tamper with it, I am shooting blanks

Tom
Sorry to highjack the thread with this discussion but I would just like to respond.

That is what I like about having stand alone. Its a pain to set up, but I can do just about anything with it. I will be trying to slam it with as much boost as I can. I'll tell you what though. If LAN was able to make power with the advance he was using at 12.5 psi, I think I'm done with mods if I can achieve this too. Really, a turbo putting out 13 or 14 psi at 10:1 compression and 25* of timing is sick. I don't think I'll be driving my WRX anymore.

Tom....I would be very happy with what you have for a while. It is a sweet setup, and a lot easier than the stand alone system. You need to update your installation. I would really like to see what kind of 1/4 mile times you are doing.

Could you imagine this car with FI and a 6MT? It would be really sick. Then throw race fuel in on race day, and the race fuel map. It would be unbelievable.