View Single Post
Old 06-08-2003, 06:01 AM

Fixed my car, over heating gone!

Yesterday, I flushed out my cooling system i.e. radiator, engine block, heater core. Replaced my thermostat, replaced my upper and lower hose as well. Flushed out my car 3 times for good measure, until the water was clear. I dropped by the Suby dealer before I did it. I wanted to know how much to replace a water pump just in case it was the source of my problems, I could of replaced it myself, but then the water pump is driven by the timming belt. The timming would of been off if I did it myself. They quoted me $300 something just for labor, told that I would be getting the water pump myself online for less. They were not pleased at that as well. The service guys were not happy that I am trying to do most of the maintance myself. Oh well, I saved $175 yesterday doing a flush and thermostat. I also replaced my one of my hood supports. I gave in and bought one online for $76 something. I was using a plastic tube to support my hood for how many weeks. I drove around town with a cell phone just in case and my car ran great and the temp was normal.