View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Congratulations Chris!

My wife and I have a heard of household pets; 4 cats, three dogs, and a bird. All but the bird were rescue animals.

I agree with Trevor on a couple of accounts. Be careful with her temperament and be wary of her around others (people and dogs). Today, individuals feel the right to sue for anything. I am particularly wary, as I have "undesirable" breed dogs (all three have at least some amount of pitbull terrier in their make-up). Neighbors, due to their ignorance and media-hype, have commented to me that I should put them down before they cause a problem. I've been tempted to ask if I should jail their child now, as I believe them to be pre-felons and why put society at risk?

On the positive side, I cannot imagine a day without my "herd". They are well-trained, and all walk with me off-leash in formation. They are an exuberant bunch and love to run and play. I only wish I had more time to spend with them.

Finally, thanks for choosing a rescue animal over a breeders dog. Millions of animals are needlessly killed annually as many people mistakenly believe them to be disposable. Pets are an expensive, life-long committment and their ownership should be considered thoroughly and completely before-hand.

Todd