View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 04:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to svxboy
Exhaust

I had the exhaust bent at a small private garage outside of Madison WI called Mac's muffler, the installer, Wayne, is one awesome guy and is willing to tackle any crazy project. He just installed my Koni/ Ground Control suspension last week. Your the first person to notice the angle iron on the mufflers. The X-pipe was installed a year later and I did not have the camera at the time to take pictures of it, but is is installed right where the 3rd cat would normally be.

To Seraph: The 40 series and 80 series have the same sound/tone, but the 80 series is just the single in dual out crossflow style. My friend's girlfriend's SVX has a dual 40 series setup on her car. It sounds a little louder, but not quite as deep as the 60 series. I prefer the 60 series. Personally, I want to try a new exhaust setup using a Flowmaster dual in/out muffler located where the original resonator went. (If it will fit, I haven't measured it yet.) This would lighten the whole exhaust quite a bit, cost less (only one muffler), and transfer the weight more forward. (less weight behind the rear tires) Probably have to go with a 50 or 70 series.

-Greg
92 Teal SVX LS, Superwhite headlamps and front turn signals, Premier DEX-P1R Deck, A/D/S P850 and Earthquake 200DHC amps, PG Bass Cube, 3-10 in. Diamond Audio subs, A/D/S 346is front components, and Vifa rear 6x9's. B&M tranny cooler and temp. gauge. Flowmaster custom dual exhaust, Tenzo-R conical intake filter, JC Sports torque chip, and a Mid-Height wing for an Integra that fits perfectly and stands 6.5 in. tall. ART front and rear cryo/slotted rotors, SS brake lines and EBC "Green Stuff" pads. My email address= fastestsvx@yahoo.com