View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 03:03 PM

Talking Oh, what a lucky man... he was!

OK, this is the Honest to God's Truth...

Bought new in June of 1992, paid $22,947 (no sales tax in WA for Oregon buyers) which included a "lifetime oil & filter change every 3K miles" which the Mega-Dealership still honors at both the Subaru store in WA & at the Acura dealership which is much closer to home. Also bought an $1,100 aftermarket 7 yr/100k "ultimate wrap" extended warranty which had a ZERO deductable & was refunded to me 100% at the end of the 7 yr period because I had NEVER made a claim under this warranty.

Total expenditures for ALL service, routine maintenance, spare factory wheels & studded snow tires, two sets of summer tires, lifetime 4-wheel alignment, routine transmission services, pcv valve, wipers, brake pads/jobs, one replacement battery, misc. filters & fluids, ONE c/v joint service including new boots... I'm including EVERYTHING EXCEPT gas and insurance (one $50 deductable for a piece of side glass) comes to...

$2,907.50 I LOVE MY SVX!

I did have the transmission replaced @ 55,879 miles, the "squeeking dash" fix, no less than 4 (COUNT'EM!!!) sets of rear-wheel bearings (@ 43,507, 52,336, 64,015 & 85,103 miles) all of which were done under the Factory Warranty.

The last set of wheel bearings took about 15 phone calls to get them to cover 100%: I kept asking them "Well then, just HOW LONG ARE a set of wheel bearing supposed to last, after they have been INCORRECTLY installed UNDER WARRANTY THREE PREVIOUS TIMES?"

You can see why I am convinced this is one of the finest, most reliable and highest performing cars I have ever owned! My wife loves it: always has. I had to buy her an 420SEL Mercedes (a beautifully used '91 with 107K) to get her out of it as her commute to work car!