View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 12:32 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
You don't have to be exciting, just an SVXer, Paul. I liken this to the good ol' days when DJ's were actually celebs. It's just great to be able to tie a face and voice to the words. That way, you can actually "hear" and "see" the person in their posts. I was "halfway" flattered at my first SVX meet (Reading 2000), when Maria is a speednut said, "You sound just like your posts." It meant to me that I was getting my personality through in my selection of words. Now, some people are NOTHING like their posts. They actually have MORE personality on the board -- sometimes the "shy" are less inhibited behind the screen. But, I've found that there hasn't been a sh!thead in the bunch -- SVXers (at least the ones that I've met, in person, from the Yahoo board), are the greatest people I've ever met ---- DON'T disappoint me, Paul.

PS: Had a micro-meet with wasions and his wife Sharon (we had lunch together). They're great folks, and interestingly enough, neither of us were driving our SVXes today. Perhaps the SVX is one of those "stairstep drugs" to friendship.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI