Thread: WRX Sighting!!
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2001, 08:11 AM
Lowered SVX

I was at the dealership Monday and I saw a maroon WRX. After reading all the hype I was really expecting something spectacular and to be honest it looked whatever. I was actually disappointed. The only thing I liked was the Momo steering wheel and the blue pedals. The interior looked tight and the entry/exit of the front doors is horrible. I like the big doors of the SVX because it makes it easy to get in and out of the car. The interior was average and beyond the pedals and steering wheel it looked like every impreza I have ever seen. As far as the exterior was concerned, it was fairly simple with big headlights and subtle wheel arches. The tires were 55's which seem inadequate for a car with all-wheel drive and 227hp. It needs at least the 50's the svx came with. They also did not seem wide enough. I cant imagine being able to corner well on those tires. Overall the car looked unimpressive and unless you saw the WRX badging on the back you would never know it was a high performance Subaru. I think the Legacy GT looks better and certainly the SVX. As far as I am concerned the SVX is still king in the United States. This new WRX really pales in comparison to the Juggernaught Japanese WRX's of the past. If they ever come out with another SVX I hope they do not ruin it like this latest WRX.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"